Second EmNet/NIS Workshop on Electronic Publications
Russia, Novosibirsk, Akademgorodok, April 24-26 1997.
Siberian Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences and Euromath Center in Copenhagen hold the Second EmNet/NIS Workshop on Electronic Publications (El-Pub-97).
The Workshop will take place April 24-26 1997 in Novosibirsk Akademgorodok at the Institute of Computational Technologies SB RAS.
Internet electronic publications can be the best means of the on-time presentation of scientific results. The generation of the electronic
versions of current periodicals as well as preprints, reports and electronic journals has been so fast and vigorous that we can foresee a drastic
increase in the popularity of electronic publications in the world scientific community. The Workshop El-Pub-96 held last April showed a
significant interest of the participants to the problems considered.
The main problems treated at El-Pub-96 concerned the methods and means of preparing the electronic versions of scientific and technical
publications, information systems and making use of Internet technology for scientific publications. For the Russian researchers the most serious and pressing problem has been the problem of MULTIPLE CODE
PAGES for the Russian language. At present there appeared some possibilities of its solutions which is to be discussed at the future Workshop
among other questions.
Electronic publications provide the basis for the Informational Medium of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of sciences which is
being developed within the project of the Russian Foundation for Basic Research (RFBR) "Development and support of the
informational and computer medium of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of sciences".
This Workshop is held within the scope of the projects of the EuroMath Net/NIS/II (INTAS IA-003) and RFBR in accordance with the
resolution of the El-Pub-96 Workshop.
Items for Discussion:
At the Workshop specially ordered surveys (Key Speakers) of the above-mentioned problems will be presented as well as the reports of the
- Preparation electronic version of the mathematical and technical texts.
- Representation Full Text of data in Internet.
- Electronic magazines, journals and electronic editions.
- Information systems in Internet.
- Internet application to instruction and educational activities.
- Library Networks and Library information systems.
- TeX service and Mathematics on the WEB (interface with HTML, WEBeq etc.).
- Euromath System.
In WS will taken part the scientists from Russia and others country of NIS, European Mathematical Centre (EmC) and European
Mathematical Society (EMS).
- Academic Yurii I. Shokin (Presidium of SB RAS, Novosibirsk) - co-chairman,
- Professor Flemming Topsoe (University of Copenhagen, Denmark) - co-chairman,
- Professor Anatolii M. Fedotov (Institute of Computation Technologies SB RAS, Novosibirsk) - vice chairman,
- Dr. Sergei K. Golushko (Institute of Computation Technologies, Novosibirsk) - academic secretary,
- Professor Vladimir L. Beresnev (Mathematical Institute SB RAS, Novosibirsk),
- Dr. Yurii M. Zybarev (NSU, Novosibirsk),
- Professor Alexei B. Zizcenko (Mathematical Institute RAS, Moscow),
- Professor Sergei V. Znamensky (Program System Institute, Pereslavl-Zalessky)
- Professor Boris S. Elepov (State Scientific Library, Novosibirsk),
- Professor Vladimir V. Mazalov (Institute of Natural Resources, Chita),
- Professor Aleksandr G. Marchuk (Institute of Information Science Systems, Novosibirsk),
- Professor Boris Ya. Ryabko (Telecommunication Institute, Novosibirsk),
- Professor Sergei I. Smagin (Computer Centre, Khabarovsk ).
© 1996, Siberian Branch of Russian Academy of Science, Novosibirsk