Ñèáèðñêîå îòäåëåíèå ÐÀÍ
Databases and GIS Technologies
In the frame work on the above project at Limnological Institute of SB RAS the Internet web-site “bank of knowledge on lake Baikal” at address http://www.nti.lin.irk.ru/bankzn. There are following information resources in database server in Oracle 7.3:
– Thesaurus systems, Taxonomy lists which include practically all animal groups in lake Baikal, except mollusks.
– Bibliography of the staff of Limnological Institute and of members of Baikal International Center of Ecological Researchers (BICER) in the period of 1988-2000. Apart from bibliographical information the base contains the illustrations of public articles: tables, pictures, charts (Zemskaya, Spiglazova, Lavrentyeva et al., 1998);
– numeric factual databases on different abiotical characteristics (hydrochemical, hydrometeorological), which provide vital activity for Baikal organisms and affect the present state of lake Baikal ecosystem (Grachev, Zemskaya, Sergeeva et al., 1999);
– database on species and quantity characteristics of bacterial plankton and bacterial benthos; zooplankton species, and its numbers and its biomass along lake Baikal (Timoshkin et al., 2000);
– lake Baikal pelagic bionts base. On this base Internet-Atlas of dominating species in lake Baikal waters was created.
At this moment numeric factual database has about 600 000 records. Site provides free access through Internet to all public data. Institute workers can get private data by password. There are realized two kinds of search: advanced search (in the capacity of criterions of search the user can use any combination of value, both of separated fields, and all of fields of databases) and step by step search on the Catalogue of data, that allows to shorten the value of selection each stage. Results of search automatically generates in two formats: Excel format (XLS) and in text format (TXT). This files can be downloaded from the server.
WWW-access system is based on dynamic Web-pages. The processing of all information takes place in the distributed medium on the of web-server and database server. The Web-server processes the information and forms result as HTML-page by ASP (Active Server Pages) scripts in VBScript. Connection with database occurs with the help of ADO (ActiveX Data Objects) objects.
Note. Abstracts are published in author's edition
||Home Page| |English Part|||
Go to Home